Sunday, November 13, 2011

A very full-on week

The maximum number of lessons in a day is six, with the exception of Wednesdays, where there are only five periods. Last week I had three days of six periods, and two days of five, which, at one short of the maximum possible, was a record for me. Add to this the fact that this was the week that the Toowoomba delegation was visiting, meaning dinner with Toowoomba representatives on Wednesday and Thursday nights, as well as a celebration marking the 20th Anniversary of the signing of the Sister City agreement between Toowoomba and Takatsuki, which took up the better part of Saturday, and I'm wrecked. Hunter was sick earlier in the week, and I started to get sniffly on Friday, and spent most of the 20th Anniversary celebrations trying not to sneeze/blow my nose too loudly. This morning I slept until 11, and took it easy most of the day, and am feeling somewhat better, but not really ready to face school again tomorrow. Curse foreign germs! I think this is the 5th cold I've come down with since coming to Japan, two this season, and at least two, I think three towards the start of the year when it was still warming up. At least both Hunter and I have had flu shots, so we should be safe from that. Anyway, I'm hoping to write up a bit more about the various events of the visit from the Toowoomba people in the next few days, but currently, I'm not feeling particularly coherent.

No comments:

Post a Comment