Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fushimi Inari with Tim

I've blogged about Fushimi Inari before, but after tofuku-ji today, I went again to Fushimi Inari, this time with Tim. The two are great to do together, as they are the first (Tofuku-ji) and second (Fushimi Inari) stops from Kyoto on the Nara line.




Last time I went to Fushimi Inari was with Mum and Dave, and they weren't feeling up to much of a hike, as they were already both sore from all the walking and riding they'd done (actually, my legs were hurting too, and I thought I was used to walking and riding). Today however, Tim and I found the energy, despite the odd cough and sneeze, to explore the tracks up into the mountains behind the main shrine. The gates extended along most of the paths, although the further up the mountain we went, the worse repair they tended to be in. In some areas, there were 10 or more stumps in a row where a gate had once been between standing gates. However, it was also much quieter, a welcome change from the chaos of the earlier sightseeing, and we were able to enjoy some more subtle but still beautiful autumn colours.





As an aside, I found a handy guide for how to use a squat
 

1 comment:

  1. Helen found the twin for that last photo in the toilets at Southbank on Friday. She will be doubly sorry that she didn't take a photo of it now! :-D

    ReplyDelete