Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Kusudama

A couple of months ago, I decided that the Japan experience wouldn't be complete without a bit of origami. Sure, I'd folded a couple of cranes in the Hiroshima Starbucks, but that didn't really count.

Being me, I decided to jump in the deep end with something worth doing, and decided on a kusudama, an origami ball, in this case made of flowers. As a result, it took me about two months to complete. In the same timeframe, Jess saw what I was doing, liked the look of it, and folded about a dozen to send home to Australia.

Nevertheless, on Saturday, I finally found the ribbon I needed and glued the last bits together, and can show off my finished kusudama.


For anyone feeling up to the challenge, it's actually very easy to make, although gluing the petals together to make flowers, and then gluing the flowers together to make the ball is a bit time-consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment