Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rain rain, go away...

Yesterday it was pouring on the way to school, and drizzling on the way home. I only got a bit damp (and my shoes soaked thanks to a passing truck!) but the other two girls have discovered that their rain pants are not at all effective, as they got soaked through to their underpants.

Today it was drizzling on the way to and from training (no school today!), but we decided to go out for lunch. It wasn't raining on the way to lunch, so I didn't bring my rainsuit or umbrella. I learned a lesson then, as I got caught in moderate rain on the way back. Also, we had to go to a local school for an English teachers' workgroup, and it was absolutely bucketing down then. Riding with an umbrella is an interesting experience, one that feels inherently unsafe.

It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow, with showers expected Friday afternoon also.

I've run out of dry jeans, and am running out of dry shoes... Washing is not drying very well. However, the weekend is supposed to be clear, so we should be able to enjoy ourselves then!

No comments:

Post a Comment